.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

War of the Genders

A confrontational soapbox for rants and politically incorrect manifestos regarding feminism, chauvinism, dating and gender issues.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Holy Nose

There are the numerous Pagan or Greek gods and goddesses, and then there is the monotheistic God.

The original bible in Hebrew used both genders when referring to God according to the anthropomorphic smilarity of God's perceived actions and effect. I.e. if the currently discussed force or action emanating from God is feminine in nature, a feminine name of God is used.

So if you want to worship a specific feminine entity out of the numerous powers in the universe then that's one thing. But as soon as you talk about The God and reduce its title to Goddess, you have reduced infinity and all potentialities to a specific gender all because of an idiotic feminist chip on your shoulder.

Forget religious sensibilities and blasphemy - I'm talking simple, cold logic. This has nothing to do with religion.

To me this is as ridiculous as saying that I love my girlfriend's nose because it looks like mine and I feel more at home with it, but I want nothing to do with the rest of her.

If you feel this argument is dumb, disrespectful or intolerant, then I have successfully communicated how I feel whenever you say the word 'Goddess'.

2 Comments:

said...

"...all because of an idiotic feminist chip on your shoulder."

How come you didn't mention the fact that the majority of people who believe in God say it's a he? It's as bad as using the term "goddess", as far as I'm concerned.

April 11, 2005 1:53 am  
said...

Well as I mentioned, I go according to Judaism which clearly uses both genders when talking about God. I suppose in one sense, the fact that people use 'he' exclusively in English can be viewed as a slight problem as well but on the other hand that's just the default pronoun for God since that's also the default view of the relationship with God in the bible (people=female God=male, Israel=bride God=groom, etc). Now, I have no problem being called female in this context, why should females have a problem calling God male? Because they have their panties in a bunch over something they don't understand, that's why.

And it's very different when you apply a gender to the name of God which had none to begin with, implying that God has a gender and doing this just because you want her to be female. That's just silly.

If feminists changed God to Goddess for logical reasons like the one I mentioned in my post, then that would be different. But obviously, reason has nothing to do with this issue.

April 12, 2005 12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home