.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

War of the Genders

A confrontational soapbox for rants and politically incorrect manifestos regarding feminism, chauvinism, dating and gender issues.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Quotes Part II

"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
Socrates

"When I have one foot in the grave, I will tell the whole truth about women. I shall tell it, jump into my coffin, pull the lid over me and say, 'Do what you like now'."
Leo Tolstoy

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife."
Groucho Marx

"Women should be obscene and not heard."
Groucho Marx

"Women's intuition is the result of millions of years of not thinking."
Rupert Hughes

"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."
HL Mencken

"I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."
Lewis Grizzard

"I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't."
Patrick Murray

"I wouldn't be caught dead marrying a woman old enough to be my wife."
Tony Curtis

"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays."
Henry Youngman

"I never knew what real happiness was until I got married, and by then it was too late."
Max Kaufman

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
Oscar Wilde

"Dammit sir, it's your duty to get married. You can't be always living for pleasure."
Oscar Wilde

"My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe."
Jimmy Durante

2 Comments:

said...

After I wrote my post on your topic “this blog sucks”---I found in this one a confirmation to a sentence I wrote there, guess which one?!

Best regards.

April 26, 2005 12:59 am  
said...

Quotes part III coming up...

To Ayala: My guess is Tolstoy's

May 15, 2005 1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home